Your Dentist’s Office in Ashburn Is Ready
After asking dental offices to stop non-urgent visits and surgeries because of the COVID-19 pandemic, the American Dental Association (ADA) and the CDC now recommend that dental teams weigh the risk in their area with the need to provide care for patients. Here’s what you should know about dental care as some cities and states reopen.
Is the Dentist’s Office in Ashburn Safe?
You come into contact with germs any time you leave your home, but a dental office is one of the safest places to be because they already have strict sterilization guidelines in place. But all health care workers should follow certain safety guidelines. Your dentist and others working with them should wash their hands and sterilize tools. Some gear and needles are never reused. But your dentist’s office may do even more to prevent the spread of COVID-19, like:
- Disinfect all surfaces and tools more often
- Clean, replace, and cover tools between uses
- Wear more protective gear than usual
- Cover your mouth with a rubber dental dam
We have also enacted the following procedures above and beyond our normal hygienic solutions
- Space out appointments
- Call you before your appointment to ask about your health
- Check your temperature and other symptoms
- Require you to wear a cloth face mask
- Ask about your recent travel
- Ask whether you’ve been around people who have COVID-19
- Tell you not to arrive early
- Ask you to limit the number of people you bring with you, such as children
- Have you wait outside until they’re ready for you
- Place waiting room chairs 6 feet apart for social distancing
- Get rid of common things people touch in the waiting room, such as toys and magazines
While fears of Coronavirus are understandable, putting off much needed preventive dental care can quickly lead to painful and costly oral health issues in the future. Your dentist’s office in Ashburn is dedicated to your safety and put your health above all else. Please give us a call today to schedule your dental appointment.